Synopsis[edit | edit source]
One Team, One Heart -- It's homecoming in Dillon, Texas, as alumni reunite, and the team prepares for the undefeated Laribee Lions. Tyra Collette (Adrianne Palicki) and Billy Riggins (Derek Phillips) mix it up as they plan the after game party to end all parties. On the field, Brian 'Smash' Williams (Gaius Charles) feels the pressure when he gets his one chance to impress a college recruiter.
Plot[edit | edit source]
As the Panthers get ready to face the dominating Laribee Lions, the 2000 State Champ quarterback, Lucas Mize is set to join the team. Smash catches his chance to convince a college scout of his talents. A focused Tim quits drinking. Jason's suspicions of Lyla and Tim's affair grow. Tyra and Billy set up an after game homecoming party.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Smash (to Grady): Look, no disrespect, sir. I just want to say flat out. If you got a list, I don't just want to be on it. I want to be number one.
- Grady: Well I hope you can play as good as you talk. Now's your time, son. Show me what you got.
- Smash: Thank You. (shakes Grady's hand)
- Coach Taylor (to the team): All right, listen up! Listen, now. Y'all ought to be real proud of yourselves. That was a hell of an effort tonight. That was a hell of a game. I don't know how in the hell, he did or where he came from to do, or what have you, but I know who this game ball goes to. (cheering) (hands the football to Tim) That was one hell of a game. All of y'all, that was one hell of a game!
- Billy: Here. (tosses a beer can to Tim)
- Tim: I'm good. (tosses the beer can back to Billy)
- Billy: Dude, night cap, Sportscenter.
- Tim: I quit.
- Billy: You quit? (scoffs) Since when?
- Tim: Since now
- Billy: (laughing) Sure you did.
- Tim: Waste of friggin' time, huh?
- Lyla: Look, I know you hate me right now, and I understand
- Tim: I don't hate you, Lyla. It'd be a lot easier if I did.
- Lyla: I don't know how to talk to you when you're like this. I mean, God it's not even 7 o'clock and you can barely stand. You can blame me if you want, Tim. You can blame the whole world for all I care, but if you think being drunk all the time is gonna make this any easier, you're wrong. It's not cool or charming. It's just pathetic and gross and I feel sorry for you. I really do.
- Tim: Lyla.