Biography[edit | edit source]
Kyle Chandler grew up in the small town of Loganville, Georgia (population 4,200). On the family farm, the only TV station they got was Ted Turner's TBS. Kyle would watch old movies, go out and perform the roles in his backyard. As a drama major at the University of Georgia, Kyle met and was signed by an ABC scout in a 1988 talent search. Kyle says of his first 18 months in LA, "I poured beer and sold souvenirs at the Museum of Natural History". (USA Today, 27 May 1994, p.8) But that didn't last all that long - Kyle has worked steadily in television and may be best remembered as the minor league ballplayer Jeff Metcalf in the 40s drama HomeFront (1991) or Early Edition(1996) with co-star Fisher Stevens. His work on HomeFront (1991) lead to a role in George's Straight's feature film Pure Films(1992), and a small part in Mulholland Falls (1996). Kyle and his wife, Katherine, a former model, live in Los Angeles, California with their daughters and their two terriers, Buckley and Otis.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Has two daughters named Sydney and Sawyer.
- His older brother, Brian, is a successful attorney in Houston, Texas. During his brief stint on The Lyons Den (2003), Brian would offer tips on how to act like a lawyer and served as a model for some of Kyle's mannerisms on the show.
- He received one of the faux "Bruce Baxter" posters from King Kong (2005) as a souvenir. *His wife hung it up in their bedroom.
- Godparent, with his wife Kathryn Chandler, of Paton AshBrook
- Had a star near Orion's Belt named for him in September 2007.